You will agree with me that the job market is constantly evolving, and times are changing.
Are you a student looking for new skills to learn? Here are some high-income skills you should learn as a student.
Copywriting is one of the most sought-after jobs in recent times. It is a text form of salesmanship. Copywriters are responsible for the text on brochures, billboards, websites, emails, advertisements, catalogs, and more. Copywriting is different from typical writing, such as writing an article, blog post, or other pieces of content. Copywriting is a special craft of writing specifically geared towards getting someone to take some type of action (like buying something). In fact, professional copywriting skills continue to be in high demand.. The best part is, there is still plenty of room in this huge and expanding industry. You do not need to have any special qualifications to be a copywriter.
Here are a few resources to learn copywriting on;
- Copyblogger Membership by Copyblogger
- The Ultimate Guide to No-Pain Copywriting (or, Every Copywriting Formula Ever) by Copyhackers
- Copyhackers Free Worksheets by Copyhackers
- The Definitive Guide to Copywriting from QuickSprout (by Neil Patel and Joseph Putnam)
- 75 Resources for Writing Incredible Copy that Converts- Neil Patel
- 101 Resources for Writing Great Copy- Column Five
- 3 Tip Mini Copywriting Course by Copywrite Matters
Web design is the process of creating websites. It encompasses several different aspects, including webpage layout and graphic design. While the terms web design and web development are often used interchangeably, web design is technically a subset of the broader category of web development.
Free Resources to learn Web Design on;
- Khan Academy
- Code Avengers
- Alison’s web development
- Dash General Assembly
Graphic design, also known as communication design, is the art and practice of planning and projecting ideas and experiences with visual and textual content. The form it takes can be physical or virtual and can include images, words, or graphics. The experience can take place in an instant or over a long period of time. The work can happen at any scale, from the design of a single postage stamp to a national postal signage system. It can be intended for a small number of people, such as a one-off or limited-edition book or exhibition design, or can be seen by millions, as with the interlinked digital and physical content of an international news organization. It can also be for any purpose, whether commercial, educational, cultural, or political.
Resources for Graphic Design;
- Graphic Design Basics: Core Principles for Visual Design- Ellen Lupton and Jennifer Cole Phillips
- Typography That Works: Typographic Composition and Fonts- Ellen Lupton
- Learn Adobe Photoshop from Scratch
- Professional Logo Design in Adobe Illustrator by Rawson Uddin
- Visual and Graphic Design- Alison.
Social Media Management
Social media management is the process of creating, scheduling, analysing, and engaging with content posted on social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. A social media manager may be employed by a brand, individual, or business to reach new customers online or to improve and maintain their reputation.
Social media managers are experts at handling social media activity, from responding to customer comments to developing strategies on how to achieve long-term marketing goals by publishing original content.
- What is Social- Coursera
- Social Media Analytics course- Quintly Academy
- Introduction to Social Media Strategy- learn with Buffer
- The Business of Social- Northwestern University
- Free Content Marketing Certification Course- Hubspot.
We hope you gained something from this article, as you grow, it’s very important to build and develop your skills also! Goodluck.